Serving Claremont, Newport, Lebanon, Cornish, Charlestown and beyond.
The law firm of Buckley & Zopf is a general practice firm serving Sullivan County, west-central New Hampshire and the Upper Valley since 1946. There are three full time attorneys in the firm: Anthony F. DiPadova, Alexander W. Scott, and Melvin T. Diep who have approximately fifty-five years of legal experience collectively. We provide individualized, quality, effective and prompt legal services to individuals, businesses and municipal organizations in both civil and criminal matters. We bring many years of legal experience and a common sense approach to the practice of law.
George Zopf and Robert Buckley founded the firm in 1946. Both of them attended Harvard Law School, served in the Judge Advocates Corps during World War II and after their discharge from the military they opened their office in Claremont. The continued use of their names is out of respect for their many years of valued service to their clients and community. They created a legacy and reputation for excellence which continues to this day. We continue to provide individualized, quality, effective and prompt legal services to individuals, businesses and municipal organizations in both civil and criminal matters.
In addition to individuals, representative clients include: La Valley Building Supply, Davis Frame Company, Bar Harbor Bank, Claremont Savings Bank, Valley Regional Hospital, Bourdon Institutional Sales, Town and Country Realty and the towns of Cornish and Langdon and the Unity and Cornish School Districts.
The experience and consistency of our legal staff mirrors that of our Attorneys. With over one hundred years of experience collectively (for the most part at our firm), their knowledge of the Court system and legal landscape is an asset to our firm and clients. They can be reached through our staff directory.
Please contact us if you need legal representation or wish to inquire about the services that we can offer you.
The law firm of Buckley and Zopf was founded in 1946 by Robert B. Buckley and George E. Zopf. Both had served during World War II in the Judge Advocate General Corp. After the war they settled in Claremont and began a tradition of providing excellent legal services to the residents of Sullivan County and west central New Hampshire. A tradition of legal excellence which continues to this day. The firm was originally located on Pleasant Street in Claremont, New Hampshire. In 1972, the firm moved into the present location on Broad Street.
- In 1974 R. Wells Chandler joined the firm and practiced with Buckley & Zopf for 38 years. Wells headed up the firm as Senior Partner for more than 15 years prior to his retirement in July of 2012.
- Michael Fuerst joined the firm in 1988 and practiced law full time at Buckley & Zopf for 31 years. He served his last 5 years as Senior Partner until his retirement in July of 2019. Mike currently serves the firm as “Of Counsel.”
- Anthony DiPadova, Jr. joined the firm in 2000, after having practiced law in Newport, New Hampshire for 12 years. He is currently serving as the firm’s Senior Partner.
- Alexander W. Scott joined the firm in 2018 after serving as Assistant County Attorney at the Sullivan County Attorneys’ Office. Alex has also served the citizens of New Hampshire as Attorney at the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office and also served as Chief of Police of the City of Claremont. Alex is currently a Partner at the firm.
- Melvin T. Diep joined the firm in 2019 after practicing in Maryland for several years.